Today, I changed the look of my website for a few reasons:
- I’ve wanted to showcase my development and front-end skills more, which this design/theme definitely highlights some commonly used techniques in web dev used today
- @font-face: the Font being used is Qlassik
- Server-side CSS. I’ve been using .css.php for a while now on pet projects. It was time I used it in my own theme.
- Rotating text. The title “Andy Vaughn” is actual text, rotated on it’s axis 270 degrees. This isn’t just for novelty sake, as I’ve much admired the separate axis book titles have along the spine, compared with the horizontal axis all websites use.
- Relative sizing. I love sizing websites using ems. This site uses relative sizing, so that increasing/decreasing font-size in your browser influences the width of the design in its entirety. I love this.
Anyway, let me know what you think.